MEET THE TEAM
- Public private partnership
- Trademark prosecution and enforcement
- Marketing and Advertising Law
- Antitrust and Competition
- Telecommunication and Domain Name
- Public Procurement
Van Nguyen is qualified to practice law in Vietnam. She has experience in infrastructure, public-private partnership, and intellectual property.
Van was involved to assist the Ministry of Planning and Investment and Ministry of Finance of Vietnam to examine options for a viability gap funding management system.
Van Nguyen also acted as a regulatory specialist for the project providing capacity building and policy support to the Ministry of Transport of Vietnam. In this project, her assigned task was preparing the standardized Request for Qualification and Request for Proposal for tendering on investor selection in transport sector. In addition, she also participated in conducting the review and analysis of current legal frameworks applying to projects in transport sectors, including Build – Operate – Transfer highway project, Build – Lease – Transfer railway project, Operation & Maintenance airport project and Build – Own – Operate inland port project.
As to Intellectual Property sector, Van has eight years of experience in assisting international companies in all aspects of IP in Vietnam and other countries in the region. She has experience in a wide range of intellectual property matters, including prosecution and enforcement, strategic, counselling, anti-counterfeiting and dispute resolution. She also advises on digital, media, advertising, e- commerce, domain name, data privacy, and other IPR-related matters, such as technology transfer agreements, product registration, labelling and advertising.
Recent Experience and Key Projects Involved:
- Asian Development Bank’s Mekong Business Initiatives project to develop the toolkit for supporting the inclusion of SMEs in providing public services;
- Project providing policy support to the Ministry of Economic and Finance of Cambodia, namely, conducting the review and analysis of Cambodia’s PPP Policy Paper, Concession Law and other related laws to provide recommendations on redrafting of the Law on Concession;
- Project providing policy support to the Ministry of Transport of Vietnam – PPP Unit, namely, conducting the review and analysis of institutional structure of Ministry of Transport and PPP Unit to provide recommendations on restructuring to improve the efficiency in preparation and implementation of PPP projects, and preparing standardized RFP and RFQ for tendering of investor selection in transport sector.
- Project providing assistance to the Ministry of Planning and Investment and Ministry of Finance of Vietnam to examine options for a viability gap funding management system (VGF).